Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Attidude Isn't Everything

A positive attitude is very important. It will help get a person through the tough times. A positive outlook increases one's chances for success. However, attitude isn't everything. Success is about taking action. 

When I talk about success, that means both big and small successes! Some days, just getting the laundry done is a success! By done, I mean completely folded and put away! Washed, dried, and left in a pile on the couch does not count as done. I can have a positive attitude toward the chore of doing laundry. I can plan to do it. I can even write it on my calendar! But, if I don't take action and follow through, I will not be successful at that task.

This is an important realization I am having in my own life. I have had a bad habit of putting things into my Google calendar, complete with reminders that pop up on my phone. That's all well and good, until I snooze or dismiss the reminder!

I recently let my husband down with a couple of tasks he had asked me to do. I felt terrible. I honestly wanted to help him and take these simple tasks that I could do off of his plate. He asked me for status this morning...because he had already done them. The only way to never feel that way again is to take action, NOW. It's going to take time to break old habits, but it starts with being aware of the problem, and refusing to stay the same!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment